The LANAP® laser protocol is a gentle, effective, state of the art gum surgery in Encino, CA performed by Dr. Alfred Penhaskashi. See why more patients choose laser treatment for gum disease instead of traditional gum surgery.
Laser Treatment for Gum Disease in Six Steps
- Pocket depths are measured.
- Bacteria and diseased tissue are gently cleared away.
- Tartar is eliminated.
- Laser generated clots are formed to protect the gums.
- Gum tissue is compressed against the tooth roots.
- The bite is adjusted.
The LANAP® Protocol: Gentle Laser Treatment for Gum Disease
Moderate to severe gum disease is treated gently and more efficiently with the LANAP® protocol, the FDA cleared laser therapy that targets disease and bacteria in a minimally invasive manner. Here is how laser treatment for gum disease works:
- Periodontal pocket depths are measured with an instrument so Dr. Penhaskashi can determine how much separation there is between the tooth roots and connective tissue.
- The dental laser is aimed inside the gum pockets to find and kill bacteria. Unlike traditional surgery, this step is very comfortable and does not cause excessive bleeding, inflammation, or any significant gum recession.
- Tartar (calculus) under the gums is denatured with the laser and small ultrasonic scalers clear away the particles.
- Laser generated clots are made by stirring a bit of bone and tissue around the teeth. These natural barriers are important for keeping bacteria away so the gums can heal.
- The gum tissue is compressed so connective tissue can reconnect with the root surfaces of the teeth. No sutures are necessary.
- A bite adjustment is a necessary part of having a laser treatment for gum disease. This final step counters any trauma that could have occurred during the surgery, which can happen among patients with significant bone loss.
LANAP® laser treatment is the preferred gum surgery in Encino, CA. Call Dr. Penhaskashi today for a gentle laser treatment for gum disease.