Patients who elect to have gum recession surgery in Encino, CA with Dr. Alfred Penhaskashi have less than normal gum tissue and tooth root exposure. This can make the smile look unattractive but also lead to sensitive teeth and other oral health problems.
Why it is Important to Treat Gum Recession
- Eliminate tooth sensitivity
- Improve appearance
- Prevent further recession
- Protect teeth against root decay and damage
When Gum Recession Surgery is Necessary
Patients who have receding gums often have gum disease, or periodontal disease, which causes gum tissue to move further down the roots of the teeth. Root exposure can be painful and lead to increasing problems, such as root surface decay and damage, and even loss of teeth if it is not treated professionally. Receding gums not only reduces the natural protection teeth need but also affects the way they look, sometimes causing them to appear uneven and larger than normal. If gum disease is present, treatment is necessary before gum recession surgery.
The Pinhole Surgical Technique (PST™)
– The Pinhole Surgical Technique™ is a new alternative to traditional grafting procedures. This patented technique, which requires very specialized training and certification, allows Dr. Penhaskashi to create a longer, healthier gum line in one office visit without the use of traditional tools and methods. The Pinhole Surgical Technique™ is minimally invasive and does not require the use of scalpels, sutures, or tissue grafting.
– For gum recession and sensitive teeth caused by periodontal disease, Dr. Penhaskashi offers the LANAP® laser protocol to clear away bacteria that are creating the problem without causing additional harm to healthy gum tissues. Older methods can actually make recession worse but laser treats the infection in a way that does not contribute to receding tissues.
– For gums that need a lot of extra care, a gum graft is a safe and effective treatment that can return lost tissue to the gum line and alleviate sensitive teeth and associated oral problems. Dr. Penhaskashi can take soft tissue from your own mouth (tissue banks are also an option) and use it to make your gum line longer and more healthy.
Call and schedule your consultation for gum recession surgery in Encino, CA with Dr. Penhaskashi today. We can provide more information about effective treatment options during your visit.